XXV/XXX. Winter

I don't know what Winter is like. They all say Winter days are cold and short, while the nights are even colder and longer, like a breath that you hold inside, waiting to be let out in the morning. I only know Summer days and nights, since I don't live in the northern part of the Earth. But from what I've heard, I think I will love Winter months, with their dark nights and yellow streetlights. With their hot chocolates and toasty rooms. With their ability to make everything turn into a long-run silent soap opera; the contrast of the pitch-dark sky and the white snow. I will love Winter months because of their ability to make everything to become silent, the constant parade of people around you (with their headphones, with their phones, with their girl friends, with their mothers, with their sisters, with their employees, with their employers, with their own monologues) will turn into these harmless hums, respecting the mother nature's way of voluming down the noise that the human often creates. I think the coldness of Winter will teach us that you will find more warmth when you are cold, you will find more generosity of some people when they are facing the harshness of the Winter. I think, one day, I will learn how to love the cold, because they bear the warmest of things.