Lolita. Part I.

"You're listening to 111.0 Empire FM with me, Liam . How are you doing? Me? I'm doing so great I could fly. Wanna know why? Because I got three Au Revoir Simone tickets for you, all free. What you should do, though, is to answer my question: What is the song that I'm playing on right now?"




She smiled knowingly. Not because she liked his voice, Liam's voice, she didn't like Liam's voice, a bit too rough, she thought. The name of the song was Stars.

"Got it? Text them to me as fast as possible and then I will announce the winner right away, and those three lucky winners can each have one of these three tickets. Hurry, cause there are lots of competitors."

She squealed and quickly texted the answer to the Radio Station's number.

"Anyway, while waiting for your texts, I'm going to play another song of Au Revoir Simone. Oh and don't forget to mention your full name and age."




"So, here we go. The first three fastest and luckiest people are: Ruby, Poppy and... wait for it... Lolita! Congratulations for the three women that are going to watch the also beautiful trio women. Please text me your full name, age and address; and then I will tell you how to get these also beautiful three tickets. Thank you."

She squealed in delight. Her! Going to watch one of her favorite groups. For free! She quickly jumped out of her bed and ran downstairs to meet her Mum and ask for permission, but as she always said to herself, "If I got the ticket, then bloody hell with Mum's permission," but she ask for one anyway.
"Muuuuum?" she said.
"Yes, sweetie? In the bedroom." her Mum called.
She ran to her mother's bedroom. "Mum, mum!" she said when she entered her mother's bedroom.
"Yes sweetie?"
"Mum, I got one ticket to watch Au Revoir Simone, please please can I come?"
Her mother looked at her suspiciously. "How. exactly, did you get the ticket?"
"From the radio."
"Okay, fine, but please, ask someone to accompany you, preferably someone older and can handle you and also more responsible than you. Like your cousin, or maybe Bill."
"Biiill? Mum, please, I'm seventeen, could you please... like, I'm old enough to watch a concert by myself. Gosh!"
"You're only seventeen, honey. You still need a parental guidance, for another year at least."
"Okay, fine. Pick anyone, except Bill. And I have my own ticket and its free, so you should buy the person's ticket."
"Bill or not at all." her mother said with the look in her eyes.
She put her face in her mother's pillow. "Okay fine!" she said through the pillow, "But I don't want him to follow me all the time,"
"Okay sweetie, that's a deal."