Unwritten Letter

Day One: Letter To Best Friend.
I've got few best friends. they are wicked, but I think I'm gonna dedicate this post to Wardha who is going to leave Indonesia and study abroad in America. so here you go, Way.


I know we only got one and half years old of friendship, but I think that we get along together very fast and very easily. There are things that I wanted to say to you the day before yesterday that I want to say to you right now. I didn't say anything to you the day before because I couldn't think straight. All those crying and all those sadness made me realized that I'm a sucker for sad things that are happening around me, so I couldn't think well. Those things that I wanted to say are:

I really love you! You're one of the best of friends that I met in High School, despite our differences in point of views and our different characters, we managed to be good friends, great even. I love times that we spent together, those laughing, gossiping, shopping or just simple talk about things. There's this quote of you for me that I won't forget, it was that I can be both logical like men, but never abandons what my heart's decision. It was one of my favourite quotes, because you describe me with it. You can be quite a poet, of course, your true nature is goofy, but your occasional poetic character are sometimes making you a bit mature.

There are more things that I want to tell you, but of course, those words are stuck in my tongue, I couldn't quite get them out of my tongue, because there are too much to say. I don't want to write sad things here, because I can't quite feel them when you're still in Indonesia. It's not that I won't cry when you leave, but my brain still thinks that you're in here so it's still carefree and still thinks that you're here and just... haven't leave. I can't cry. It's true what Goya said, because you're merely still here and I still can laugh with you over the phone and over the Blackberry Messenger. I know I will see you one or two years from now, I know it would be fast, but I can't bear to lose a friend in this time of year. As a friend I want all the best of the world could offer to you, although I'm not quite sure how our friends and I could cope with you leaving us behind in this country, this fucked up, but not beyond repair, country.

Things that I wish for you are:
  1. you'll make us proud, make your friends proud, make your parents proud.
  2. promise me that you will take care of yourself, its a jungle out there, more than it is in here
  3. that you will come back to Indonesia one day. I know we gave you little simple things of here and there so that you can think about home, but those are only memories. you can't put your arms around memories, now can you?
  4. this friendship between me and you wouldn't be forgotten.
Oh wow. What a mighty lot of sentences that I wrote there. Didn't think it would be that long, though. I only thought that the letter would be only like goodbyes, but well, hormones are kicking in my veins and there are teenage dramas and inconvenient coincidences that are going on around me, so I'm pretty stubbornly sensitive at these times of the month; hence, the insensitive and non-sad me today.

I really can't write letter endings, but I hope that this letter represent my current state of mind about you and our friendship. And I hope that, eventhough you're far away, you would feel very at home with those gifts from us and all those memories, remember, though, you can't put your arms around memories, so come back one day, will you? We all be here waiting for you with big warm hugs and content smiles. Maybe some of us will change our appearances and change in personalities, but we still be your old friends, still those 16 years old girls with hopes of freedom and rebelliousness in the form of older, not necessarily more mature, women. We all love you and we all going to miss you very much. Well, I already miss you.

x, your lovely Doctor Who obsessed girl, Dilla Soenardhi.

ps: if someone know who the picture above belongs to, please comment on this post! 30 Days Letter Challenge

Comments