Day 3 — Your parents

This is going to be long. boring. but lovely, I guess. here you go, Mum and Dad, here it is the letters that I wish I have the guts to send them to you.

Dear Dad,
I know you know how much I love you. Although sometimes I pissed you off, or maybe you pissed me off. Although sometimes I don't listen to you and argue about things with you, especially about education. Sometimes I don't agree with your argument and hold back tears. Sometimes I wish I have different parents because the way you argue with me its like you're always right and I'm always wrong. I always hate the way you treated me back when I was still a kid, it's like... whatever I do always ended up wrong or worst, ruin everything. You always yelled, yelled, and yelled. I don't like the way you yell at me, but not to my brother, its like I was born to do all the wrong things and ruin everything. I always hated you for that.




But as I grow up, not necessarily mature enough but I grew, I know that things that made you yelled at me weren't because you're angry with me or hate my existence, but because you love me and want to prevent dangerous things from happening to me and want to protect me from this mad world. I know the way you sometimes over protect me from things are your ways to tell me that you love me and to make me understand that this isn't an easy world to live in. We don't argue anymore because I know that you understand that I'm more capable (though not fully) to handle things on my own and to protect myself from this crazy world. I know as I grow older, you let me do things on my own and that's also your ways to know that you love me but also trust me enough to let me try some things on my own.
I love your music taste, Dad. And you're the one that sort of introduced me to my music. Some of my friends tell me that I have weird music, well, Dad, like daughter like father, right? I know you don't have any weird tastes for a man of your age, because you seems to like "songs from your decade" and those bands that you introduced to me (like Peter Gabriel, The Police, Supertramp and The Alan Parson Project) are a bit "weird" according to my friends, but that's okay, I like them anyway, I like them when I was a child, I like them now, so why stop? I also got one of your quirks, Mum said that if you're addicted (more like attached) to some kind of food, you'll eat that food like they won't produced that type of food tomorrow; yes, Dad, I also have that sort of thing and I'm currently in love with ice creams, just like you. People keep telling us how we look so much alike, but I have Mum's lips, that makes me grateful because I got both of you and I'm nobody's favorite. So, for all of that I love you with all my heart, but you have to share it with Mum and Nadhif, too.


Dear Mum,
Wow, Mum, I have no idea what I'm going to write. Because there's so much things that I want to write to you and I don't think people will be entertained enough to read my post about things that I want to write to you. So I'm gonna write the top things only, yeah?
So, Mum, I love you. I know I sometimes disappoint you. I know I sometimes make you sad, well, when I was a kid, I know I always make you sad every once in a week, if not everyday. I know that I do some things that make your heart hurt and sometimes curses me. I know that I have done some things that daughters aren't supposed to do or tell to their Mums. But I always say so sorry, whether I said those things direct to you or not. I know that I sometimes hate you for those things that you always do, like telling me things or stuff. But I know, like Dad, you always want me to achieve the greatest and the biggest star in the whole universe, even if it hurts you for me to reach it.




I sometimes jealous at you for all those things that you have done. All of those things that you've had achieved. Making things. Do stuffs alone. Fight things by yourself most of the time. Hold on the family. Even some small things like making me Macaroni in the morning or maybe even ask me if I want some things when you are at the mall. I love you for that, Mum. I love you for all of those things that you have to do. I love you for all of those things that you have done. I love you for never taking things for granted. I love you for just love me for the way I am, for the way that I sometimes hate you or just "different" from other girls of my age. I love you because you teach me how to be strong. I love you for all those unnecessary gifts. I love you because you can comfort me with your hugs or sometimes the knowing that you're always be there for me. I love you for everything, Mum. I will always love you.
You know... I don't heritage quirks from Dad, I heritage things from you too. You said you liked to read and now I really like to read books, well, not school stuffs but you get the point, yeah? You said you liked to daydreams, to be lost in those cloudy world. You also said that you were a bit mean in your teenage days, well, I am, too. I heritage things from you both, you know... but I'm grateful. Because I love you both. Because even if you sometimes don't trust my judgements, I know that you trust me, not completely or fully because you know that I don't even completely trust myself too.


I love you Mum and Dad.


so that was it. wanna try the 30 Days Letter Challenge yourself? click this.

Comments