Things I Need To Survive


  • Books, the kinds that you can really lose yourself into, the kind that really speaks the mind of both the reader and the writer; the writer, because they create the whole world that does not really exist, and the reader, because they become the characters that they could never be in real life.
  • Tea, especially TWG's Alexandria and L'Orchidée Creme Caramel. They say tea is a drink that dims the world's din. And when you sniff the first scent that ooze from the boiling blend of its exquisiteness, you can make the world go away just for a few seconds of your life. You can jump into one memory to the next, or even live a life you've never led. Their smell soothe you like warm wool black jumper after being left in front of a roaring fire. They make you feel at home.
  • Sweaters. Or jackets. Something that warm me up, like a warm invisible body that will always be there for you to snuggle you and cuddle you until you feel safe and loved, even only by the miraculously tiny strands of threads that could join together and become such a warm article.
  • Interesting and stimulating conversations, like the one I had yesterday night with my dear cousin. Suffice it to say, the conversation was helpful and insightful for both of us; for me because he brought some new ideas and new perspectives on how to live a life and the way we see life. Not merely the currently trending you only live once propaganda, but also how to enjoy life immensely, to fulfill that ever-mention void in our hearts, the emptiness that haunts everyone because their lack of fulfillment in their souls. Not only living as mindless creatures that are needed by the world because we fill our parts in the system, but to fulfill the need of answering questions that we can cause. A new way of thinking and living. A way that some may not accept because, for some their current mindset is not as liberal as mine, but for the others, not as conservative as mine. No matter how weird the conversations go, I immensely enjoy good conversations.
  • Music. May sound cliche and overrated, but it is the simplest of truth. Music can drown me in their own worlds, worlds that are different from the ones that are created from books. Their worlds are more pronounced and indestructible. More colorful and less detailed. But their magic is as powerful as the books'. They provide worlds where we can imagine our own life if we could have lived another ones or even relive the memories that had been haunting us since we were six. Music affects us in ways that people cannot put in words. The relations between sound wave and the chemicals in our brains may not be comprehendible for my brain, but they are there, they exist physically and metaphorically. To numb the throbbing pain. To block the noise from the world. To relive certain moments that we had when we were with our loved ones. To help us memorize certain facts. To be there with us when no one else cannot. They are essentially our companions.
  • Writing, to some extent, notebooks and pens (and pencils). I honestly cannot live without writing something every one day. Just some simple phrases, nothing significant. But I cannot live without doing that. They embody the days and the nights I live. They make me remember days, when I want to revisit them one day in the future. They make me forget the whole world. They make me honest with myself. They make me tell things that I do not dare to tell. They make me ponder. They make me feel alive.
Do you want me to add you on the list?