After The Storm

Here you go, True. Read this near the windows when it's pouring with a cup of warm green tea.





I.

"Sweater weather." Petrichor said to Caim when she saw first droplets of rain making their way to the ground. Caim smiled and brushed his fingers over her cheek, causing her to smile and giggle.
"So, do you want to start first, Mrs. Hershey?" asked Petrichor, both of her hands were on the table, stroking Caim's hands lovingly.
"Yes. So, what are you guys going to do if you guys have 5 million pounds and you need to use it only for a day?" True asked, like Petrichor, she was also stroking her beau's hands, but the only difference was that their hands were on top of her lap.
Hershey smiled at her lovingly and somewhat longingly, showing his famous dimple. "Easy, love. I'm going to spend it to buy tickets for us to use to go around the world, before both of us settle down somewhere, but preferably in the States."
"Well, I'm going to spend it on vouchers and coupons and lots of those things so that I can use it in the future." answered Petrichor cheekily.
"You know, you can always buy everything you want." said Caim, his hands were not on hers anymore, but one of them was making a journey on her hair.
"Well... we might not know what's gonna happen in the future, right? So it's best to prepare."
Taking a sip of his hot cappuccino, Caim smiled secretively. "I think I'm going to spend my money on houses."
"Why?" asked True.
"Well, it's obvious, isn't it? She'll need a lot of house to keep all of her things that she'll buy with her vouchers and coupons." answered Caim, making Petrichor blushed and nuzzled at his hand even more.

II.
"Alright, second question from me." said Hershey.
"Shoot." said Petrichor.
"If you can have one superpower, what it's going to be and why? Go." Hershey nuzzled his nose to True's curls.
Caim went first. "I want to be able to read minds. Because this girl right here, she is the most indecisive person I know. I just want to know what's going on inside her head, anytime, anywhere. And sometimes she is a closed book, I just want to know what's going on, that's pretty much it. I don't really want to know any other people's mind, just hers."
True smiled knowingly while Petrichor could only hide hers behind her cup of green tea. "I think," True started to talk. "I think I want the ability to be anywhere anytime and can take one person with me. Because I get to be sick with the reality from time to time and I just want to take it all away for awhile and I want to be able to do it with him."
Petrichor's turn. She bit her lower lip that was already bruised because of her chewing. "Well, I think, I think I want to be able to take away someone's pain, especially his, knowing that he's more secretive than I am."

III.
"What about you, Caim? Got any Q's?" asked Hershey, his fingers were drumming on the top of the table and he was playfully biting his lower lip. His eyes wandered around from time to time but always ended up on True.
Caim contemplated for awhile. His eyes were fixed on his cup of coffee. "If you guys are able to know one thing right now, be it from the future or from the past, or even something that is absurd, what would it be?"
"Easy. How many kids we are going to have in the future." answered Hershey straightforwardly.
"For me... well... will they inherit my personality or his or both of us? And what they are going to be in the future." added True.
"Love?" asked Caim, noticing his love was looking at her green tea pensively as if it was holding the key to the future.
"Hmmm… what kind of life we lead in the future with our family." answered Petrichor with little less certainty than her answers before.

IV.
"Your turn, love." said Caim, putting his oversized sweater on her shoulder.
"Alright." the glint in her eyes was obvious to her peers. "I know this is absurd, but this is the question that I've been longing to ask you guys, so here it goes, if you know when the world will end, what will you guys do? Or rather, what you'll guys do to spend those remaining moments? Will you guys go insane? Or just lead the normal life."
Petrichor succeeded to make her peers looked thoughtful and reduced them into silence.
Hershey went on first. "I think, I'm going to spend it with my family and friends. Like, share my time with them, not exactly normal, but not exactly crazy either."
True nodded. "I think I'm going to spend my time with my friends and then spend the last days praying and waiting for it to end with him."
Caim stayed silent for a few minutes, making the other three worried about what was going on inside his mind. And then, after a few minutes he talked, "For me, I think, I'm going to marry Petrichor and go on trips everywhere, living the lives that we would otherwise not live."