VI/XXX. Flame

My Mum promised to me that one day I would find someone that would love me like a moth to a flame. The flame would be everlasting and would never fail to ignite in the darkest of night. The flame would be my guidance to make me see the truth about life, about the nature and about the twinkling lights of stars in the night. The flame would give me warmth when I need them and burn the memories of unwanted past. The flame would stand by my side when I only deserve the dark.

But I also wanted a love like the water. Water could find ways through all the rough of life. Water could soothe your throat and your eyes. Water could cleanse everything, the past would have no meaning for the water, for it would wash away anything that could not be washed. Water's presence was everywhere, in the sky with the clouds, near your bed with your favorite mug, inside the trees, inside you and inside me. Water could reflect everything, like the Lunar Eclipse in the sky and the colour of your hair. Water could hide secrets in the depth of itself. Water could sense anything. Water could always become pure, even though humans were corrupted.

So tell me, my heart, which one would you choose?