Whys

It was around noon when he found her lounging in his bedroom wearing his old university sweater and a pair of leggings. Her hair was up on a bun, a pair of nerd glasses (but nowadays he teased her as a hipster glasses) perched on the bridge of her nose and she was reading one of his novels collection. Her body laid randomly on his bed, leaving almost no space for him to lay down.
"Yo, hipster, shove." he said.
She looked up at him and giggled. "Yo, white collar, take off that stupid suits."
He grinned and took off his suits, his tie and unbuttoned both his collar and his cuffs. "How was your day, m'lady?"
"Oh, same old, same old." she said while he laid down next to her. "But, I sold more than twenty pieces from my summer collection, there's some discount on some of the last seasons' pieces, so those pieces were actually sold out today."
"All of them? Really?"
"Yep. Aren't you proud?" she said, her eyes sparkling.
"Very." he said, kissing the top of her head gently. "Now, I don't believe we've done our routine today."
She blushed and got off the bed. "Well, seeing that in less than a week--"
"No! It will be our routine, it's something I look forward to everyday. Now, I do believe you owe me a routine." he followed her until she stopped in front of his dresser.
"Oh, do we have to? I smell bad today and I just made dinner with your Mum, so I must be smelling like a trash can." she muttered, and he shocked her by laughing. His cheeks turned pink. She blushed.
"You could never smell bad to me. You will always-- wait, no, you can't fish compliment to make me change my mind." he said after his hysterical laughter. "Now, our routine."
"No." she said stubbornly, her brunette hair bouncing of slightly when she put her hands on her hips.
"Yes. Now." he said.
She shook her head and didn't budge when he came closer to her. He smiled and advanced even more. "Give up, or by God, I will start it."
"Fine. But make it quick." she said, finally surrendered. He grinned evilly and gestured her to closed the gap. She grunted and pouted, but followed his order and closed the remaining space between them. Now, she was finally face to face with him, but her height only reached his chest, right under his chin and her forehead would touch his neck if she creep closer.
"You know, if you do that cute pout thing, I will enjoy this even more." he said, his fingertips dancing across her pink lips.
Then she laughed. A soft sound that was music to his ear and a lovely tune that soothed his heart every time he heard it. She closed her eyes from time to time, causing her thick and curly lashes touched her cheeks. "Fine," she said and then tiptoed to nuzzle his nose with hers, a stark contrast, for his was large and hers was small.
And then he put his thumb to that special place in her delicate face, it was the space just below her pink pouty lips, an expanse of smooth skin that curved inward to perfectly accommodate his slightly calloused thumb. His thumb often hovered slightly over her lips, in which caused her to be pouty and pulled off from his grasp. Then he smiled, a ghostly smile that untrained eyes could not see, a smile that only her knew. A smile that reserved just for her. And then he kissed her soundly but thoroughly, he gently put his hand on her hair before he pulled back.
He received a shy smile and another nuzzle on his nose. "Hi." she said.
"Hello." he said back, his hands had moved from her hair to her face, cupping them gently.
"I'm famished. Ready to eat, love?" she asked, her hand pulled one of his that was on her face and slipped her to his.
"Yes, me too. You know, if you think about it, who would've thought that our small routine would end with us kissing each other." he said, walking with her out of the room.
"Oh, shut up. You know I've always been in love with you since I was a girl! I used to be innocent, but you took that away from me with that routine of yours!" she said dramatically, with a deep breath that wasn't necessary.
He laughed heartily. "Routine of ours. It was innocent, you know! Well, before we got together, it was innocent. To be honest, you were closer to me than that twin brother of yours, that's why we had a routine, it was sort of an act of reassuring myself that you are alright and... well, you know, my obsession with E.T. and to reassure myself that you weren't replaced by an alien." he said sheepishly and started laughing.
She laughed with him and at him. "Really? What made you think that?"
"Well... I didn't know anything about your, um, period back then, so when you suddenly got... cranky, I thought you were replaced by some sort of alien..."
"Awww" she said, tiptoeing to kiss his nose. "This is why I love you, this is why I agree to marry you. You make me happy. I love you."
He smiled and kissed her lips swiftly. He didn't have to answer back, she already knew.