Sweet Sweet Slumber

Specks of light made their ways from the closed curtain, the light felt warm. I sighed while peeking from behind my covers, it was the sun. The light blended beautifully with the colour of my room, beige walls and dark brown furnitures. I sighed again and stretched my body. As I was gaining clearer sight, I noticed that the light was not yellow, it was orange. Was it really the sun? I peeked again to confirm the light really was from the sun. It was. This only meant... it was already afternoon. My eyes reflexively searched for the clock on my wall, it was already five p.m. Was I so tired that I overslept?

No, I said to myself while shaking my head. I was not tired. I was unhappy. I was lonely. I was unhappy, lonely and bitter. I did not care one bit about anything currently. Problems were weighting me, pushing me down to the point of oblivion, making me know nothing but sweet sweet slumber. I was lonely.