Breath In

I miss it. No no. Not you. Not them. Not other people. But it. A memory. A long-lost-gone-broken-far-away-I-don't-recall-where-it-is memory. Or it wasn't even a memory I guess. I don't know for sure. But I miss it. I don't know if it's either a feeling or rather memory.
I remember being there, breathing very nice after-rain air.
I remember I'm standing in the field. Green. And I couldn't see any buildings, or such. Trees and green field. Grass.
And the sky is blue, with clouds. White clouds.
I can only smell the after-rain air and the grass.
I danced, laughed.
There was someone. Someone that I don't recall a guy or a girl. But that person was with me along the way.
Trees were behind me. Standing still. Proudly.
It was cold, though. I wore the other person's sweatshirt. Oh I guess it was him, not her. A guy.
I felt the cold air. But it wasn't the kind of cold that you hate, not the cold cold. But rather... overwhelming, breathtaking air.
I only hear the silence. We laughed of course, and talked, but other than that, I only hear the silence. The good silence. Not the empty silence. But the kind of silence you need when you want to relax. No no, not the spa silence. But... it was... one of the silence that makes you feel like you want to sleep because you are so tired.
It wasn't perfect fairy tale, though.
Needless to say. I wanted to go back to that place again. That moment, that feeling, that smell.

NS

Comments