14.52 in Elsewhere

I am sitting in a cafe that embodies everything I love. Anonymity is not seen as something negative in here, in fact it is quite the opposite.

It is almost golden hour and I am reminded of the new truths that were unfolded recently.

But perhaps the most heart-shattering but empowering one is the fact that I will always be alone in any form possible.

There is a lady in front of me. She ordered a cup of flat white and a smoothie bowl, both of which she gulped down quickly. Right now, with a bottle of water and a pair of sunglasses next to her, she is writing down her notes on a piece of white paper with a pink pen with her left hand. She looks out of place but content with herself at the same time. I do not know what she is writing right now. Maybe it is something about her schedule on the upcoming week or something about what she learned today. But she is here—happily writing away without care in the world.

As sad as it is, I truly feel like this is what I will be in the future. I feel like watching a mirror image of myself.

Alone, in an elsewhere, writing away.

And I am trying to accept that.