Day III

Write about your current relationship; if single, describe how single life is.
Currently, I'm single. For all my life I've always been, though not entirely by my choice. Some people revel in single life, I suppose. They often rejoice in the fact that no one nags them as an unnecessary, excessive burdens. In some cases, I agree that single life is a much better option for them. Though, I do not know if the same can be said about me.

I have found that my thoughts are too much load to carry alone. There are wars inside my mind, armies of great nations fight each other (needlessly in more cases) in order to gain peace, but I'm not sure if peace could be achieved when more nations emerge with specific national interests in mind. I've always thought that having a significant other would mean there would be peace at last in my head, or at the very least this person would help me perform ceasefire with their peacekeeper armies guarding in the border between one nation and the next. My mind would be at rest.

My overflowing emotions are another part of me that I wish I could share with someone. I feel too much, I taste everything in my mouth. All the bitterness, sadness, sweetness, happiness, and all in between. I've always thought that having a significant other would mean there would be someone that could savour this too, kiss these plateful of insanity away, swallow them, exchange parts of them with something new to me. My heart would be content.

Another thing that I found frustrating about being single is that I cannot celebrate the little things without offending someone else or getting an indifferent reply. I appreciate those little accomplishments, small progresses that would accumulate into something huge in the near future. I've always thought that having a significant other would mean there would be another human being proud of me, supporting my silly causes, acknowledging my losses, and expecting the same encouragement from me. My insecurities would be gone.

I do not know whether to consider myself naïve or hopeful.
3/30