A Tale of Two Cities

It felt kind of funny, sitting here in the park in the middle of a bright afternoon all by myself. It was an odd day. I said that not because I was trying to make the day seemed more interesting than it actually was, but honestly, the day started off as weird and impossible. A strange vibe lurked around me like some kind of personal cloud. I could not pinpoint what caused this thing actually, but it felt off.

But perhaps I just miss you.

All around everyone was enjoying this oddly bright and warm day in the middle of Fall. Mothers pulled out their worn age-old picnic baskets stuffed with sandwiches and cold sodas, kids running around and playing with their friends, old people were permitted to go out and enjoyed the magic, and there were couples. Couples.

Couples that did not have to wait for the right time to go on Skype because of the far-stretched time differences because they lived in the same town and timezone. Couples that got to go on surprise date. Couples that could share and live moments after moments together instead of having to tell and explain it to them later on the day. Couples that were able to celebrate milestones of their lives together. Couples that were able to be in the same pictures together on those milestones events, not showing them off through social media applications. Couples that were able to buy groceries together and cook, or even had night in. Couples that were able to go to the clubs at Friday nights just to let loose. Couples that weren't us.

Perhaps I shouldn't wish for the circumstances to change. I should accept this even more, but I miss you. Too much. Having to wait perhaps is the hardest part of all. The timing was just not right, as you've always said. Maybe the Universe determined that this could be our ultimate test to determine whether or not we were right for each other.

But at times like this, you were just to far away.

As I stood up, leaving my spot on the park and walking through a commotion. I was not paying any attention to anything, therefor I ended up bumping to someone.

The person said, "I missed having you in my arms."