Lives I Never Led

Every time I came across pictures of places I've never seen before, but looked unexpectedly familiar, my eyes would start to moisten and my heart would stop beating. I suddenly thrown into feelings I rarely felt, memories I never knew I had; I got thrown into a new life altogether. I could hear the sound of the breeze, the way the water floats some leaves, the whispers of the unknown beings in the wood, the smell of the Earth after a rainfall and the way the air carries around the smell of something lovely and homely. My heart often ache when I feel that moment. That moment of being not here and not there, but just be wherever my mind put me. I don't know if these all just illusions my mind created or a simple humanly feeling of how much you feel you are not connected to this world and you seek someplace else to fill that huge heavy hole in your mind and chest. I know someone that feels this way too, someone that feels like he doesn't belong here. Like he has places to be and they are not here. I finally understand why he wanted to leave, why he did not want to live in this caged life, why he wanted to be free. I wouldn't question his motives anymore. I understand why. He needed to escape, while I need to be somewhere that's not here. I understand that there is never better than here and by being there I would acquire another there. But I know it's not here that I need to be.

There are places that have been calling me, at night, at dawn and sometimes and noon. They are luring me away from here. But was I ever here?