Flight Part II

“And well, he was lying there, bandages everywhere, but awake. Completely sober. He smiled at me and called my name gently. I thought my heart could explode just because he called my name. I smiled back and asked him how he knew my name, he only smiled, up until now I still don’t know how he knew me. I thought he didn’t even know I exist, but it was the contrary.” she paused for awhile, eating her beef.

“He apologized for bothering me and he thanked me for bringing me to the hospital. When I asked for the first time, he told me it was because there was a party went wrong, but I knew better, there was no party, I didn’t say anything, though. I quickly said a goodbye because I needed to go home then. He nodded and thanked me again,”

She stopped for awhile, eating her food and drinking her tea. When she was finished, she continued.
“That night I was screaming in my room because I got closer to the boy that I loved. I utterly loved, that I still love. And on the same night, he texted me, thanked me again and asked me how was school that day. We began texting each other since then, but I knew he didn’t have any feelings whatsoever for me. After awhile, I began to think of him as an unattainable person, although he didn’t have any girlfriends, because he was too… private, but still, he was my best friend and I knew something more about him than anybody else. I felt blessed. One day, when he was bruised all over, I promised myself to be someone that could heal him, physically and mentally, that could mend him, you know. I didn’t care if I’ll never be his wife, but at least I could save him, I could make him happy. But of course, he decided to marry me and I went into a dilemma because if I chose to be with him, I would live in a lie with someone that I love because I know he doesn’t love me back, but if I didn’t choose to be with him, well… there goes my chance to be with someone I love.”

They paid the bill and then went strolling the garden.

“Where was I? Oh… well, of course, I chose to be his wife. He may not love me, but at least I tried my best to make him happy. There’s nothing more that I love more than his smile, his happiness. I’ll do anything as long as he’s happy.”

“So, why aren’t you with him right now?” he asked while putting her closer to his body to prevent more cold penetrating her body.
She looked up at him. How she wanted to kiss him then, but she knew it was not him. Although this
man next to her was definitely looked like him, but it was not him. She could not kiss his twin brother just because she missed her husband. The man next to her, although he looked exactly the same, was not the man she was falling in love with. He was not the man who she gave all of herself to. He was not him.

“He can survive without me. I mean… he’s happier without me.” she said softly.
“How do you know?” he asked, his voice was a bit rough from the cold she thought.
She smiled at him with tears on her eyes and she promptly hugged him. “I’m a burden.”
“Please come back home, I know you don’t want to do this.”
She shook her head violently. “I can’t follow you back home, I mean… I can’t do this anymore, I’m a burden to him. Besides, the deal was you follow me here to protect me and help me find a job, I can’t come back.”
“Please?” he whispered.
She cried even more. Her tears soaked his shirt.
“Wife, please come home with me. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you.” he chanted.
“Sean?” she asked, looking up from his chest. She could see his eyes were watering and he nodded briefly. She cried harder and burried herself in his chest.
“Come home. John needs you. Joanna needs you. I need you. Come back home. Please? I can’t. I fucking can’t imagine how I live without… come home please” he screamed.
“You don’t nee—”
“I need you. I need you more than I need myself. I love you so much. Please, please, please don’t ever leave me. Come home please.” he said while holding her tightly. “Please.”
She nodded and he showered her face with kisses. “Promise you won’t leave?”
She nodded again.
“Let’s go home.”